Wednesday, September 8, 2010

This blog is a result of my signing up for English 151.  This is my first time blogging but seeing as how I am now enrolled in the class and this blog is mandatory, i can no longer go without writing a blog.  The class is focused on reading and writing about science fiction situations dealing with apocalypses and technology.  I am exposed to technology every day with my computer, xbox, tv, phone, ect.. The fact is that technology is almost literally everywhere in my life and in the modern world there is absolutely nothing that can be done to get rid of technology due to the fact that we all rely on it daily.  That is why i think an apocalypse caused by technology is both a very interesting and realistic topic of science fiction to both read and write about. Although in the past i have not been a fan of reading or done much reading other than the books i was assigned to read in class. However, science fiction is one of my favorite genres in book to read so i am actually starting to look forward to the class. In the past i have not done much creative writing or free writing at all. 99% of all the writing done in my high school career were all book reports and research projects.  Although I'm not a fan of writing, the idea of writing about science fiction is something that i am looking forward to in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment