Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Climax of Do Anderoids Dream

After reading the book, I was a little bit disappointed with the climax.  I expected there to be more fighting and more action in the climax.  During the entire book, Rick and others talk about how impossible killing six Nexus 6 androids in one day will be but yet it doesn't seem like it was that hard.  If Roy was suppose to be a criminal mastermind then why did he die in the matter of a page or two? And what happened to the alarm  that Roy set up that was suppose to make rick panic? I feel like what could have been a very epic fight scene, was instead an epic fail.
However, one thing I did like about the climax was how it involved Mercer and the spider.  Although I still have some unanswered questions about Mercer, many of them were answered.  The way the author wrote the scene with the spider and Mercer at the same time added to the overall feel of the story and I like how it kind of brought everything crashing down at once.  This entire scene made me feel strong emotions yet I am not sure what emotions  they were exactly.  I did however know one thing, the author did a very good job at making the reader feel as if they are part of the book while this scene is taking place.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...You might even say that Isidore's situation is the real climax and Deckard's is the anti-climax. Good job picking that up. So, is it a failure or is it the exact way that Dick intended? In other words, did he intend for it to be a letdown?

    ReplyDelete