Sunday, October 24, 2010

My Blade Runner Book and Movie Paper

    I don’t really know what it was about this paper but I definitely did not like writing it at all.  I thought it was much harder than the last paper I wrote and I enjoyed the last paper much more.  Typing the content was not actually hard.  Once I knew what I was going to write about I could easily start writing.  The only problem was that I had a very hard time figuring out what I should write.  I’m not sure if I just did not get the concept of what we were suppose to do or what but I had a very difficult time knowing what I should do.  I worked on this essay every day and for at least an hour a day I would sit in front of my computer and have nothing to show for it.  I spent hours brainstorming but I could not think of anything to put on paper.  As soon as I would start writing one thing, my words would somehow develop themselves into a different idea and I would have to start all over again.  This was very frustrating considering I spent a lot of time reading the book and I feel like my overall knowledge of the book was not expressed at all in this essay.
    As for strengths and weaknesses, I’m not quite sure what mine are.  Everything I thought I was good at was questioned with this paper.  I thought I was good with things like structure and thesis statements but now I’m not so sure.  I had a lot of trouble coming up with a thesis for this paper and I also do not know if my structure is right or not. I do believe that the peer reviews were somewhat helpful with this because it gives an opportunity for someone else to look at my paper rather than just me. Sometimes others see things that I do not so I am glad there was someone else reading my paper as I was writing it.  I’m not really sure about weaknesses either but I feel like this entire paper was just one big weakness.  I hope to develop my ideas a lot sooner/easier for the next assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment